Training and Advisory
We offer training and advisory services on the following topics:
- Anti-Money Laundering
- FATF Recommendations
- Business Ethics
- Corporate Governance
- Anti-Bribery and Corruption
- Counter Terrorist Financing
- Third Party Risk
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Board Evaluation
- Company secretary roles
- Intellectual Property
- Fintech/Crypto compliance and Financial crimes
- Artificial Intelligence and Financial crimes
We also offer soft skills training, such as:
- Business Communication (we provide training to all staff members on efficient business communication tactics)
- Public Speaking and Professional Etiquette
- Conflict Resolution and Negotiation skills
- Confidence in presenting / Meetings
- Professional body language at the workplace
- Customer Service management techniques
Training Methods & Approaches
- Training multiple or all company’s departments at once – Generic sessions to be delivered.
- Training targeting each department solely- Customized training focusing on the department’s needs.
- One on one mentoring and coaching sessions.
- Customized board training sessions.
- Seniority level based training – (Starting with department leads and gradually training all staff members).
- Technical training sessions delivered to the Compliance, Anti Money Laundering, Counter-Terrorist Financing, Governance & Anti Bribery, and Corruption team.
- Drafting policies and procedures and advising on implementation.
- Compliance Department formation and technical training.
- Advisory and training on FATF Recommendations.
- Developing Cyber security Frameworks.
- Board members targeted trainings (Corporate governance and others).
- Public speaking, professional coaching and mentoring sessions targeting
- Corporate Social Responsibility and Diversity & Inclusion sessions.
- Effective business communication skill.
Health care industry consultancy services
Our subject matter expert Melhim Bou Alwan:
Melhim is an experienced physician leader and a quality and safety expert in healthcare delivery across various settings. Having received his Medical Doctor degree from the American University of Beirut, he pursued his Internal Medicine specialization at Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia. He embarked on a clinical career remarkable for a passion for fostering a culture continuous quality improvement.
As a practicing physician and a leader in Hospital Medicine, Long Term care and Hospice and Palliative care, he introduced new service lines, integrated new technologies and had a direct impact on the financial health of the institutions he worked with via improving quality, reducing cost and thus maximizing the value of care.
His skills as a physician leader and consultant were augmented with Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Training, Studer Group Physician Leadership Training and a Masters in Healthcare Management from Harvard University. He is deeply involved with the Society of Hospital Medicine and the American College of Physicians both in academics and policy reform.
Our health care industry services:
a. Enhancing Performance and maximizing operational efficiency:
- Optimizing patient throughput (inpatient and outpatient settings)
- Improving Patient flow and safe patient transitions
- Improving quality outcomes: surgical site infections, hospital acquired illnesses, readmissions, mortality.
b. Staffing and Retention:
- Staffing model analysis and optimization of staffing needs
- Improving Staff satisfaction and retention
- Front line staff involvement in continuous improvement efforts
c. Patient Outcomes and patient experience:
- Implementation of standardized industry bundles for improving patient outcomes
- Safe transitions
- Incorporation of new technological innovations
- Engaging patients in their care
- Better understanding of patient needs and improving the patient experience
- Delivering the highest patient care standards achievable
- Partnering with healthcare governing bodies for leadership in innovation
- Partnering with payers (insurance companies, governments etc) to improve the value of care
- Pharmaceutical and device company partnership optimization
e. Management and Governance:
- Leader and management training
- Standard work
- Continuous improvement journey implementation
- Lean transformation for healthcare institutions
- Front line engagement and ownership
f. Regulatory Compliance:
- Local regulatory compliance success
- Planning and Preparation for international Certifying agencies
In this day and age, criminal syndicates are getting smarter at concealing the origin of dirty money incognito and washing them clean. By exploiting the intricacy of cross-border trade systems, law offenders can find a loophole with ease. At Hala Bou Alwan consultancy, we can train you to counteract trade-based money laundering through getting you acquainted with the policies, regulations, and practical knowledge in order to protect your organisation.
Trade-based Money Laundering
The advent of technology has crippled organisations around the world to fight financial crimes with little to no success given that the bad players themselves are also using it to their own advantage. In the quest of firms to safeguard its interests and that of their clients', harnessing the power of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) can prove viable.
Artificial Intelligence and Financial Crimes
Cases of information security across the web are growing rampant nowadays. Whether on a private, corporate, or government level, computer hackers are stealthily accessing sensitive data and turn this into a money-making pursuit. Let us help you through our training with all your concerns pertaining to information security issues you are facing.
As the region expands exponentially and transforming itself into a business and commercial hub, and so does criminal fraud. Engaging in anti-fraud compliance obligations can be a tricky and complicated task. That is why it's important to have someone competent to work alongside with and ensure thorough observance of national and international regulations, effective implementation of fraud prevention programs, and more.
A continuous ingress of businesses and investors in the region has opened new avenues for the growth of the country's economy at best. At worst, this opportunity also makes it conducive for bribery and corruption to come about. As to ensure that your firm is operating with a clean slate, it's recommended to get the right training where best practices and actionable plans will be properly carried out.
Anti-Bribery and Corruption
Are you worried that your organisation may be at risk to a number of financial crimes? Financial delinquency can occur on global and local scales (e.g. money laundering and terrorist financing bribery & corruption, cybercrime, fraud, child labor, human trafficking, modern slavery and many more ). You may not realise that your firm is on the brink of breaching the law. Take appropriate actions before things go out of control and irreversible - request our expertise and training.
Several organisations are not aware that they are unconsciously overstepping the mark when it comes to what is legal and illegal. At Hala Bou Alwan Consultancy, we are equipped with the right and relevant knowledge to help you understand your suppliers and third-parties. We ensure that we will provide you with only high-standard training to guarantee that you aren't involved in any criminal and illegal undertakings.
Suppliers and Third-parties
All businesses, publicly or privately held, must act in accordance with ethical practices whose aim is to foster social good and promote the general welfare of the society. Going against this universal regulation may be treated as a civil and even criminal offence. Make sure that you are not breaking any CSR principles by attending our expertise and training today.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Terrorism is a huge threat to a nation's security as it weakens the economic and financial stability of it. In order for terrorist groups to continue their acts of violence in full operation, they require funds to purchase resources like weapons and supplies. At Hala Bou Alwan Consultancy, we can assist through our expertise and training and come up with efficient mechanisms that constructively counter terrorist financing. We can help you fulfill local and international standards and obligations to help combat terrorism.
Fintech, RegTech, SupTech, blockchain, crypto-token, cyber currency, Bitcoin, you've heard it all. While cryptocurrency has been welcomed with open arms by some countries, there are still those that are still in a shy hesitant mode. Since the compliance, governance, financial crimes legality of cryptocurrency in many countries is still in limbo, recklessly dipping your hands into this shady venture could put you in danger. Request our expertise and training and get to know all regulations, sanctions, and financial crimes to keep you on the safe side.
Fintech, RegTech, SupTech Compliance
Several companies of any kind are mandated to satisfy compliance regulations while powering up its competitive edge over its rivals. Drive revenue growth and stay globally competitive while minimising the risks associated with non-compliance. Hala Bou Alwan Consultancy does all the hard work in understanding your business and coming up with tailor fit framework and training which provides solutions to prepare your organisation be proactive and well-prepared for regulatory scrutiny.
Are you confident that your organisation thoroughly abides by the corporate governance statute? If you are dubious about its integrity such as the existence of bad corporate citizenship, ethics, and practices within your institution — or are challenged with board evaluation mechanism and we'd be happy to step in through our expertise and trainings.
Be it intentional or unintentional, implicit or blatant, children of all ages are tied up in child labour. At a tender age, they are subjected to and victims of illegal activities such as sexual exploitation, drug trafficking, and slavery. When they were supposed to enjoy their liberation and youth, to get access to health and education, what they were deprived of are their rights not only as children but as humans in general. If you want to understand more how these labour malpractices are happening and how to mitigate it, we can help you by providing our expertise and trainings.
Cybersecurity threats are more dangerous and daunting than you thought. Take it as something grave as a home burglary or bank theft. When attackers find a vulnerable spot in your network, they can easily gain an upper hand and access all confidential, sensitive data at your expense. Request our expertise and training to learn how to mitigate the risks before you fall into the cyber pitfalls.
Fund misallocation, financial frauds, corruptions taking place in governments and various institutions have since been a common occurrence anywhere in the world. The money laundering crisis has reached a point where it spreads like wildfire across all nations. Although money conveyance is very tricky to trace given the convenience of quick money transfer via electronic or physical means, it actually is not an impossible endeavour. Request our expertise and trainings. Let us update you on recent local and international regulations and walk you through the process of reporting, preventing, and identifying financial crimes and unscrupulous activities.